VARIED EXPERIENCES INFORM HUSSON’S APPROACH TO LAW
The father of three grown children and the proud grandfather of three energetic grandsons, John — a family man — brings compassion and a parent’s sensitivity to the complex and emotional process of assisted reproduction law. Constantly improving as a lawyer, John continues to expand knowledge of new reproductive technologies. He’s friendly and easy to talk to, and has the analytical mind and orientation to detail that the practice of law demands. John enjoys mountain biking, hiking, movies and books, and attributes his love for travel to a stint in his twenties as a Merchant Marine officer stationed off the west coast of South America.
John received his Juris Doctor law degree from The University of Denver College of Law, a Masters degree in Healthcare Administration from Trinity University and an undergraduate degree in Romance Languages from Rutgers University. Prior to establishing his private practice in 2002, John spent 20 years as in-house counsel for large healthcare delivery systems and five years in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps (JAGC). Born and raised on the New Jersey shore of the East Coast, John moved to Colorado from Pennsylvania where he was Senior Legal Counsel for 12 years with a large academic medical center based in Pittsburgh. John calls Colorado home but travels to the east coast regularly to visit friends and family.
- Electronic Wills & Remote Notarization Subcommittee of the Colorado Bar Association Trusts and Estate Law Section.
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Legal Professional Committee .
- American Bar Association: Family Law; Real Property, Trust & Estate Law; Senior Lawyers Division; Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division.
- Colorado Bar Association, Section memberships in Family Law, Elder Law, Trust & Estate, Senior Law, Solo Small Firm Practice.
- Douglas & Elbert County Bar Association.
- Colorado Chapter Sierra Club Legal Committee.